Sunday, February 9, 2014

It's not about the destination, it's the journey.

It's February already, Valentines day is running smoothly ahead. I didn't notice how fast time was consuming me on working at the SkyDeck. Bayleaf hotel's bar and restaurant. Working there as a trainee since November really taught me a lot of things. I might write something about that in an another post.

A view of Metro manila from Skydeck of The Bayleaf Hotel captured by my phone

What is this post all about anyways? This came up with the thought:
"If you're staying where you are, nothing will come in your way. If you're moving on or heading forward, good things and bad things will greet you along the way. Still, it's better than nothing."
I came up with it when I was heading home after work. Probably because of the movement of the vehicle I'm riding or probably because dawn is affecting people's mind, thus making me think deeper while playing Metallica on my iPod.

People are always afraid of the unknown. That's why we had that popular saying that curiosity killed the cat.
Not everything is yours, America! I mean meow.
Why are people afraid of something they don't know or haven't tried yet? Because it makes them think. Thinking of the 50 percent success and 50 percent failure. Failing doesn't kill us unless we are engaged in a "Saw" movie which obviously depending on our success in order to save our asses, else we have to face a seemingly lawfully yet disgusting way to end our unjust lives (based on the movie). Back to the point, not most of us are willing to take the risk in trying but why shouldn't we. We can't stay forever sitting in a chair because you think it's an awesome chair because you've been sitting in that chair for like eleventeen years.

Everything you've been doing has been done for the first time. It's up to you to take the leap now or wait for more (n) hours, days, months or years. Don't let the term "character doesn't change overnight" serves as an excuse. You know that is kinda bullsh.. All I say is, you are always the one hinders you, yourself. You can't move on, you can't accept maturity and you can't live and stay forward because you don't let it start and make it happen.

All of what's happened in the past fails or wins, part of the learning process, who we are today is the outcome. Who we are tomorrow will be the effect of what we are and what we've done today.

All these were simple common things people already thought from the beginning they accepted maturity.
Maturity isn't fun if you don't let it. Make it simple. We are the passengers of our vehicles driven by our decisions. Just like most of us riding a Jeepney. Enjoying the morning breeze. I know where I'll be heading. Just like you supposed to be. Just pick the right vehicle. Even if you are lost, at least, you found out a new route where you can find another vehicle that will lead you to your destination. It's always more about the journey. And sometimes, it's not about where you're going. It's who you're with.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Sample Text

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Blogs and notes with an awful grammar are my escape on over thinking about opinions, experiences and day dreams that keeps knocking on my brain especially just when I'm about to sleep. I'm probably the "Jack-of-all-trades" guy because I would probably never gonna be the best on what I'm doing.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.