Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Te amo, cibum.

Wow, so Latin. Much amaze. Wow.

This "doge"  always pops out of my thought balloon every time I think about what am I gonna write next. Get out of here doge!

Anyways, what is this Te amo, cibum. I just searched about the latin word for "food" and it was "cibum". Now, you'll probably know where this is going. Why latin? Usually, root words for terminologies or scientific words comes from latin. words with suffixes "phile" is the best example. "Philia" or "phile" is connected to either things that people had a certain arousal or things that people love or having an obsession with.
Example:
Pluviophile- is a love for rain. A person that loves raining.
Retrophilia- love for things of the past
Necrophilia- sexually attracted to zombies. Ok zombies might not be the term, still doesn't make it less disgusting.

> Here's a list of all the philia's:
   http://www.packerwire.net/read.php?4,110356

Back to the topic, I searched for Cibum+Philia means love for food. Google suggested me to this
And I had this "Ooooh. Ok." *clicks suggestion* kind of face. Then I realize it was phobia not philia. To make this long story short, I was weirded out by the fact that there are people afraid on food? While most of the time I'm like:


That's not really how Cibophobia works. I just need to let this thought out. Anyways read more about cibophobia HERE.

**update**
I just also found out that sometimes, our phobias are not actually what it seems. For example if people have a fear of a certain food or food itself, either he:
1. Hates the taste;
2. Traumatic experience with the food;
3. Traumatic experience that had the presence of the food while the traumatic phenomena is occurring. or;
4. Traumatic experience so traumatic that it had to be replaced by a representation which happens to be an object or by this topic, a food.

Let say when I was 5, I was left in a grocery store in the vegetable section by my single mom. My mom never returned and I never knew what happened to her. Some guys kidnapped me and promised me that they will take care of me. It turned out that they will turn me into a circus freak and whip me like an animal during training. Now I'm will stay away to vegetables and sooner or later, I'd have a flashback of terrible experiences with vegetables and will make me become afraid of them due to the subconscious thought of my traumatic experience that so terrible, I need to redirect the part of my trauma into a less terrible phobia which is obviously, vegetables.

For better explanation, watch the last chapters of the movie "A fantastic fear of everything". It's actually a bad movie. I only watched it because of Simon Pegg.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Sample Text

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Blogs and notes with an awful grammar are my escape on over thinking about opinions, experiences and day dreams that keeps knocking on my brain especially just when I'm about to sleep. I'm probably the "Jack-of-all-trades" guy because I would probably never gonna be the best on what I'm doing.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.